So many people these days are looking to experience some weight loss in order to live out much healthier lives and feel good about the way they look.
It’s no surprise to see them frequenting gyms and health clubs nowadays, as well as how some friends and relatives have simply indulged in abstinence from fast and junk foods.
Of course, there are also some people out there who undergo certain diet programs in order to get quicker results, with one of the most popular being the HCG diet.
This diet program relies on the use of a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin, which is usually found being produced naturally by women who are pregnant to ensure proper development for the fetuses growing in their wombs.
Before one decides to engage in the diet program, it becomes truly important to determine just what sort of foods they’re supposed to be consuming, or finding out which foods they may be allergic to.
The program’s founder, Dr. A.T.W. Simeons has formulated a program such as this with pregnant women who experience food shortages in mind. It simply utilizes stored fats in the body as fuel for energy while getting lesser calorie intake.
For those who have heard of successful reports on how people have lost a significant amount of weight on this program, and are looking to get into it, it would be wise to look into the different phases involved.
- Phase 1 – In this phase, one gets to prepare for the more critical parts of the entire program. He or she would have to follow specific instructions set by the nutritionist, including increasing their water intake daily, engaging in one hour walks every day, undergoing a colon cleanse to get rid of any accumulated wastes in the body, as well as eating a lot of breadfruit too.
- Phase 2 – The dieter will be increasing food intake and consuming anything they want just to fill up their stomachs. This is done in order to acquire a lot of energy, which will be needed for the next couple of phases. After eating tons of food for three days, they will need to cut down their intake to 500 calories everyday. This phase would take place over the course of 25-45 days.
- Phase 3 – During this point, the person will start adjusting their menu, allowing them to eat healthy foods which are free of sugars or any artificial sweeteners. They are also prohibited from eating fast foods, foods containing a lot of trans-fats as well as specific cold beverages such as sodas and alcohol.
- Phase 4 – This is known as the phase of maintenance. The results have become apparent and the body has undergone significant weight loss, reaching goals, and the dieter will only need to maintain it. This means that they’ll need to continue practicing healthy eating, as well as creating certain changes in their lifestyle, such as implementing more exercise.
These are the 4 phases of the HCG diet.
The HCG diet has become quite popular as of late, and there are a lot of people indulging in it in hopes of losing enough weight to become physically fit and lean.
However, much like any other diet program out there, there are some naysayers who frequently claim that it’s nothing but just a bunch of baloney.
These same individuals establish that weight loss is something that can only be accomplished with proper dieting methods as well as engaging in regular exercise.
Yet, considering that so many people have found much success with this diet program, does it simply mean that these so-called experts are wrong in their conclusions?
One can simply state that there have been a number of myths associated with this diet program, which was developed by Dr. A.T.W. Simeons and has been in the weight loss industry for several years now.
Of course, the repetition of these myths have led people to shy away from actually availing of the potential benefits that this diet program has to offer, and resort to the traditional methods of weight loss.
While that is all fine and dandy, one has to actually consider the fact that myths are often perpetrated to give attention to other programs created by companies and self-professed fitness experts.
For those who are considering implementing this program into their lives, the list of myths associated with the HCG diet are as follows.
- Consuming 500 calories’ worth of food on a daily basis proves to be very dangerous – While this has a lot of truth to it, and doing so can lead to malnutrition in people, the HCG diet actually results in the body’s consumption of stored fats for people to remain active and energetic. A lot of people who have implemented this diet program have claimed that they never felt hunger cravings, and it’s all because of this fact. While the diet relies on low consumption of calories, the body still manages to get just the right amount, considering all the stored fats.
- HCG doesn’t really have any effect on a person’s bid to lose weight – The truth is that, human chorionicgonadotropin has a huge impact on a person’s weight loss, since it’s a hormone which is naturally found within pregnant women and serves two purposes. The first purpose is that it actually helps in the proper development of the fetus inside her womb. Second, it can stimulate the human hypothalamus to let go of all those stored fats so that the body can rely on it for energy. This process was actually utilized back in olden times in order to make sure that pregnant women had enough energy to survive whenever there was scarcity of food.
- Injecting HCG into the body without professional assistance proves dangerous – This is no more different than people suffering from diabetes injecting themselves with insulin on a daily basis. Of course, there is some danger to be considered, yet this is something which easily be prevented so long as the individual actually takes the time to get further education and understand how needles are to be used. This can be achieved through seeking consultation from a physician or even a pharmacist.
These are the three most common myths associated with the HCG diet.